Saturday, June 18, 2011

News from the Frontier

So we have been in limbo, not knowing what the next step is, as we have been waiting to hear from the University of Washington about this certification program that I am interested in taking.

Well, we have finally heard back and I have been accepted! So it is looking like we may pick up camp, pack the Conestoga, and head to Seattle to live for 10 months to a year. BUT, I'm going to look into commuting (to Seattle) options as well (bus, train, etc). So I will keep everyone posted with updates. But at least now we can plan what the nest step will be (move to Seattle or move to the moon: the final frontier).


Here is a completely random picture I took of a statue in Mt. Tabor Park. It is of a Harvey Scott, an early Pioneer to these parts. We toured around the city with some friends [who we met while CouchSurfing here over Thanksgiving last year]. (More about CouchSurfing later.) His statue points to what is supposed to be a beautiful view of the city on a clear day (which is few and far between). It was clearly raining when we were up there.

Yes, it rains fairly often here. But the weather patterns are VERY strange. It will be overcast all day, but still bright outside and only rain in brief light bursts for 5 minutes. OR, like the other day, I saw the strangest precipitation I have every seen, which is impossible to capture in a picture and equally hard to capture in words: It was between a dense fog (but it wasn't foggy) and a LIGHT drizzle. It was dust-sized particles of wetness floating around as if it were a snow flurry. But it was none of those things and it didn't make anything wet although it was "wet" out. There really is no reason for particles of water that small to fall....? It is amazing how, although it "rains" a lot, you often do not seem to get wet by being outside.... a mystery.

Anyway, I will be posting some other random stuff on here soon that I have been thinking about and that relates to the trip, etc, so stay tuned.

And working from home has been going good. I had a lot to get done this past week, and it feels like I work way more, now that I am working-from-home... how does that make sense?

Oh! and we just found out that a college friend of Tess and I, is out here visiting her sister for the weekend, so we will be heading out to hang out with them tonight! Her sister just moved here a week ago to work an internship with Nike.

No comments:

Post a Comment