Monday, June 24, 2013

The 25th Annual Solstice Parade


Its summer and it’s the Solstice, so it’s time for the Solstice Parade! I’ll let you refer to my post about the festivities from last year’s Solstice Parade if you are interested in my description of the bizarre goings-on of this cherished event.

It was a beautiful sunny day. Perfect for any parade, but especially fitting for the Solstice! It was a wacky, colorful, beautiful, and joyous day. It is almost an absurdly happy occasion, where the masses gather to marvel at how fun humanity can be when you take peculiarity to the extreme. I really love this parade. I love how silly it is and I love its low-budget visual appeal.

 As a supplement to last year’s coverage, I’ll share a few pictures of the highlights of this year’s parade!




Monsanto?

Monty Python and the Holy Grail tribute
Donations to the Green Hat.
The ultimate donation gathering rig.



Love this turtle!


Sol Train

This lovely lady made it to the parade this year! Yay!

The Hug Patrol.

These things are freakin  me out.







This whale was impressive.






This was awesome.


These balloons were a brilliant touch!

Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment