Sunday, July 1, 2012

Greenwood Car Show



Although this was the 20th anniversary of the Greenwood Car Show, it is possible that the show has never had such a pristine setting; Greenwood just got a much needed face-lift when the city repaved the main drag and all the major streets of our quaint little neighborhood.

I cannot express how much having brand-new streets, sidewalks, crosswalks, and bike lanes adds to the look and feel of this neighborhood. Thank you Seattle! In the few months we have lived here, we have seen dramatic changes in our perception of Greenwood: it is certainly an “up-and-coming” area of Seattle.

Anyway.. asides aside…  The car show was impressive!





 

 




 There is something about the fuel-rich exhaust of old cars that smells like Americana; reminiscent of times where everything was seemingly infinite:  fossil fuels, the atmosphere as a pollutant sink, and (judging by the size of some of these ‘boats’),  the size of the average garage!



 

  

While there were many beautiful machines to drool over, I was particularly fond of this absolutely perfect, stunning Datsun 240z. I may be a bit biased as I have a special place in my heart for Datsuns; my first car was a 1979 Datsun 280z (fix-er-upper). 




Oh! I stopped by the LeMay Family Collection booth, to grab some literature, and struck up a conversation with a representative. I casually mentioned that I know a couple who fly-out from Virginia each year to volunteer and enjoy the Annual LeMay Car Show, and that I am planning to check it out, and lo and behold, she said. “You mean the Monroes? Janet and Pat!”  I was floored.  Stacy is the “jack-of-all-trades” for the Lemay foundation, and is in charge of coordinating the volunteers! What a crazy  lil’ small world we are living in!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing !! Oh, the good 'ole days !!

    ReplyDelete